1-1/2 Storey Log House
It is a log structure with a gable roof covered in galvanized steel roofing. The exterior is wood siding and it has a hip roofed porch.
Partial renovations were done to the west portion of house in 1983 including a new metal roof and new foundation. There is also a frame addition on west side and on rear of the building.
This log house was built for C. Chinery in about 1908 by riverboat captain Charlie Coghlan, who also built a similar house at 408 Wood Street. Charles Chinery, a stage driver for the White Pass Royal Mail service and a purser on the riverboats "Dawson" and "Whitehorse", occupied the house until 1917.
In 1919, Jack French and his family occupied the house. French was a carpenter and undertaker who operated a workshop at Second Avenue and Steele Street.
In 1939 the house was purchased by Al and Betty Buffett who remained in the house until 1977.